Miami and Coral Gables, FL
Are you living with lost teeth? If so, consider a dental implant in Miami, the finest tooth replacement option currently available. Not only do dental implants look and feel like real teeth, an implant is the only restorative treatment that also replaces the tooth’s root. Despite the quality of implants as a treatment choice, many people shy away from receiving dental implants because of financial concerns. Here are a few reasons why Miami Designer Smiles believes that dental implants are worth the cost.
The needs and desires of each patient vary, but dental implants have several significant benefits, such as:
- Convenience – Because an implant is fixed into the mouth, you maintain it by brushing and flossing the same way you do your natural teeth. Other tooth replacements have to be removed from the mouth to be cleaned.
- Aesthetics – Our dental implants are matched in shape and color to look like your other natural, healthy teeth. Implants often improve the overall appearance of the smile.
- Comfort – Anchored by the implant screw, which is inserted surgically into the jawbone, a dental implant will not slip or shift the way other tooth replacement options such as dentures do, which can irritate the gums.
- Durability – Dental implants also are considered the only permanent tooth replacement option currently available in restorative dentistry. Made from titanium, the implant post itself is designed to last a lifetime. Also, the crown portion is constructed of high-quality dental porcelain, which means it can withstand normal chewing pressure exerted as you eat.
- Bone health – Bone deterioration is an inevitable long-term consequence of tooth loss. This deterioration occurs because the supporting bone structure loses the constant stimulation that was provided by the root of the missing tooth. However, the implant post provides this necessary stimulation to the jawbone to prevent resorption by the body.
In addition to the following advantages, dental implants often serve to restore dental functionality that may have been lost due to your missing teeth.
Implants have a significant cost upfront because of the quality of the materials, as well as the installation procedure involved. The implant screw is made of titanium, a strong and durable metal. Miami implant dentists, Dr. Concepcion Sanchez-Garcia and Dr. Raul Garcia, complete each dental implant procedure with a crown made of high-quality dental porcelain. This crown is made to look indistinguishable from your other natural teeth. Although dental implants have a substantial upfront cost, the investment is long-term because you should not need to replace your implant, unlike other tooth replacement options that generally need replacing every decade or so.
As for the installation of an implant, it is important to remember that this is considered a form of oral surgery. Not every dentist in Miami is qualified to install a dental implant. You should choose one with significant training and experience in implant dentistry—preferably with a background in oral surgery. Placing a dental implant requires skill and experience to ensure the proper placement and success of the implant.
Dental Implants in Miami
To learn more about dental implants or any of the other tooth replacement options available from Miami Designer Smiles, call our office today at (305) 595-4616.
Miami Designer Smiles is proud to care for patients in the areas of Miami and Coral Gables, FL.