Miami and Coral Gables, Florida
is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that offers you an alternative to traditional metal braces. It employs a series of clear plastic aligners which gradually straighten your teeth. If you have avoided traditional orthodontic treatment due to the unsightliness and cumbersome nature of braces, then Invisalign might be an ideal option for you.
The Invisalign Process
Miami cosmetic dentists Dr. Raul Garcia
and Dr. Conchi Sanchez-Garcia
will employ 3D computer imaging technology to create digital impressions of your teeth. These impressions will be used to generate your treatment plan, and a series of custom clear plastic aligners will be constructed to move your teeth into the correct position.
Each aligner will be worn for about two weeks, gradually shifting your teeth closer to their desired position. After two weeks, you will switch to the next aligner in the set, which will continue the straightening process. You will continue this course of action until the treatment is complete. Most adults require 16-20 aligners to achieve their desired results.
It is important to wear your aligners for at least 20 hours a day to ensure a successful outcome for your procedure. As a general rule, you should only remove your aligners for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign provides the following benefits compared to traditional braces:
- Customization – Detailed impressions of your teeth will be taken to construct aligners that will correct your specific orthodontic issues
- Comfort – Invisalign aligners contain smooth edges which will not irritate your teeth or gums
- Invisible – Your clear aligners will be undetectable by others
- Removable – You can remove your Invisalign aligners when you eat, drink, brush, floss, or attend special occasions
- Effective results – You will begin noticing improvements early on in your treatment, and the Invisalign treatments straighten your teeth as effectively as traditional braces
Experienced Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign is a primary area of focus in Dr. Sanchez-Garcia’s practice, and she regularly achieves exquisite results with her patients. Dr. Sanchez-Garcia often combines Invisalign treatments with other procedures in order to create a full smile makeover
. She is very adept at using Invisalign with a variety of porcelain restorations, such as porcelain veneers
, to accomplish advanced results. Generally, your Invisalign treatment will be completed before other restorative procedures are performed.
Learn more by visiting Questions about Invisalign
or click the logos below to go the Invisalign website pages.
our Miami cosmetic dentists today to schedule your initial appointment. Miami Designer Smiles
serves patients in Miami and Coral Gables, Florida.