Miami and Coral Gables, Florida
Before undergoing implant dentistry, you should feel completely comfortable with your implant dentist and you should know what to expect from your procedure. Here are some questions to help you prepare for dental implant surgery.
About Your Implant Dentist
- What kind of training and qualifications do you have as an implant dentist?
- How many years of experience do you have in implant dentistry?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations?
- What is the success rate of your dental implants?
- Can I see before and after images of your patients?
About the Procedure
- What do I need to do to prepare for my surgery?
- Are there any foods, medications, supplements, or other substances I need to avoid before my surgery? If so, for how long?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What kind of anesthesia will you use?
- Will I need someone to drive me home?
- Will I have to stay in a facility overnight?
- Will the procedure be painful?
- What are the possible complications of dental implant surgery?
- What can I do to reduce the risk of complications?
- What will my implant surgery cost?
- What does that cost include?
- Are there other costs I need to know about?
About Your Recovery and Results
- What will my recovery be like?
- How do I recognize a problem or complication?
- Will I need to take time off of work or refrain from any activities after dental implant surgery?
- Do I need to eat special foods or avoid certain foods during my recovery?
- Are there any medications, supplements, or other substances I should avoid after my surgery? If so, for how long?
- Are there any medications or supplements that might aid in my recovery?
- Do I need to care for my mouth in any special way after my implant surgery?
- How long will it be before I experience the full results of my dental implant?
- Will I need to come in for follow-up appointments?
- If I have a problem such as pain or infection and have to come in for treatment, will I be charged extra?
- How long will my dental implant last?
Your implant dentist should be happy to answer all of your questions. You should get answers that you can understand so that you feel comfortable, fully informed, and prepared for your implant surgery.
Please contact our Miami implant dentists today to schedule your initial appointment. Miami Designer Smiles serves patients in Miami and Coral Gables, Florida.